Trillacorpe Construction provides proactive, cost-effective solutions that will assure compliance with the Davis-Bacon Act and other governmental labor requirements. We offer a full menu of services to our clients that will save them valuable time and resources through all phases of the construction project from bidding through post construction. Teamed with the LCPtracker software, Trillacorpe has the ability to create and execute Labor Compliance solutions for both public and private sectors.
Trillacorpe Construction will customize, implement and enforce a successful Labor Compliance Plan for you so that you can:
- Focus energies on profits
- Avoid payment delays
- Be more cost-effective
- Reduce liability & risk
- Reduce overhead
- Reduce internal paperwork
The U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division has become increasingly vigilant in their investigations and enforcement of federal wage and hour laws.
- The complexities of the Davis-Bacon Act to enforce prevailing wages paid to workers consist of many Related Acts and Statues.
- Contractors that are found not in compliance by the Department of Labor may be subject to civil or criminal prosecution with severe penalties including debarment, imprisonment, and/or fines.
- The Federal Government has the authority to terminate a construction contract or withhold payments owed to the Contractor if any of the workers are paid less than the stipulated prevailing wage.
Trillacorpe Construction's proactive approach detects errors early, prevents costly underpayments and protects Contractors from financial loss.
Labor Compliance Expertise
- FAR 22.4 & DOL Regulations 29CFR 1,3,5,6,7
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Contract Work Hours & Safety Standards Act (CWHSSA)
- Copeland Act (CA)
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act 2009 (ARRA)
- DOL Prevailing Wage Resource Book 2009
- DOL Field Operation Hand Book
- Investigation Procedures and Penalties/Sanctions
- Common Errors
- Conformance Requests
- Proper Classifications
- Types of Construction
- Apprentices and Trainees
- Fringe Benefits: Funded, Unfunded, & Annualized
Labor Compliance Services
Implement the necessary procedures and controls at this critical pre-construction phase to insure compliance and avoid costly errors.
- Education Seminars for Prime Contractor and Subcontractors as needed.
- Meet with the Federal Compliance Officer to ensure administration and enforcement of labor standards.
- Screen Contractors for debarment from Federal contract construction projects.
- Preconstruction Meeting with Prime Contractor and Subcontractors to review and understand labor standards and contractual requirements.
- Customize contract exhibit to meet all labor standards provisions outlined by the Federal Agency.
Monitor and enforce Prime/Subcontractor compliance with the Davis-Bacon Act and other labor requirements:
- In-depth review of Contractor Certified Payrolls.
- Notification of Certified Payroll deficiencies.
- Audit daily reports, sign-in sheets, time cards, cancelled checks and pay stubs.
- Jobsite Visits.
- Respond to Federal Compliance Officer's letters of concern.
Additional Prime-Contractor specific construction services:
- Submit reviewed payrolls to the Federal Compliance Officer.
- Monthly payment HOLD lists to the Prime Contractor for non compliant Subcontractors
The government may audit your projects for a period of 3 years and requires all related documents to be stored.
- Implement a record storage and document management program.
- Recommend record storage alternatives.
- Provide audit support that will fulfill the Federal Agency's requirements.